This is probably the last update prior to the release of the big „Trains DLC Update“. As always: Your game should be updated automatically (via Battle Worlds Launcher or Steam).
Improved, scalable UI
We’ve updated our UI system. The biggest feature is a new option in the settings that allows you to scale the UI up to 200% of its normal size. So if you’re using a very high resolution or you want to play on your television you should be fine now.
Other improvements include:
- Better text input (copy & paste, navigation in text fields)
- Hotkey for “End Turn”
- Hotkey for “Display unit info permanently”
- Option to disable the auto chat-login
Let us know if everything works!
We had some performance issues on OpenGL Systems (Mac & Linux). We tweaked a couple of things and the performance should be noticeably better on all systems, but especially on Mac and Linux.
- High quality settings: Only minor improvements here
- Medium quality: You should notice a substantial performance improvement here
- Low quality: Substantial performance improvements
- (New) Very low quality: This is a new, very fast set of settings
On our low specs Mac test system the performance went up from ~15-20 fps to 30-40 fps in Medium quality. Depending on your system your experience may differ. Please let us know how the performance changed.
Many small things & Bug fixes
- AI for air raid defense turrets and guard towers fixed
- Fixed tooltip hide/unhide units
- The unit info now shows the amount of mines a unit carries
- Buildings no longer hinder movement
- Now units turn their turrets when attacking (where applicable)
- The “Next Unit” and “Sleep” Buttons no longer open the transporter screen
- Fixed a bug when a mine was deployed next to a hidden unit
- Fixed a bug where hidden units had been visible for the enemy while they were moving
- Fixed a bug when loading savegames from the main menu
- Loca updates for it, fr, es, rus
Great adventure game from a great developer https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/the-book-of-unwritten-tales-2
A group-oriented high fantasy MMO:
A Japanese steampunk adventure game set in London:
That was… unexpected
65.000 dollars in no more than 30 hours?! Are you nuts?!
Many many thanks from the whole team for the support of all you backers!
Here’s what Nate and Wilbur have to say about this:
One step done, three more to go
Thanks to your support all the different great rewards will be available and we can use the cool „projection mapping“ technique for all locations in the game, that enables us to move the camera through scenes more dynamically!
With this we’ve got one goal in the bag and three more in front of us:
Please continue supporting us
- Please tell your friends and relatives about the project!
- Post and participate in discussions about our Kickstarter in forums, etc.
- Please help us spreading updates by „liking & sharing“ them!
As a good old tradition: Here are two projects that might interest you:
Help us tread new paths with the second installment of the acclaimed BoUT adventure game series. A sequel is coming…
The next installment in the acclaimed BoUT-series will be unleashed in mid-2014 and it will be filled to the brim with puzzles, eccentric characters and the trademark BoUT-humor. But we want to do more; more epic, more shiny, more community involvement, more… of everything!
Yet, to achieve this, we will need your bow. And your axe. And your pledge. And a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle…
Go here to find the Kickstarter campaign:
User-generated maps & Ratings
From now on players can upload their own maps from the editor to our server, play maps created by others and rate them!
The editor is now included in the installation directory of the game, so you don’t need to download it separately.
All info on how to create your own maps for Battle Worlds can be found here:
We’re constantly trying to improve the balancing of all maps and units. In the most recent balancing session we changed the following things:
Weakening of Medusa
- Range of fire: 2-4 instead of 2-5 fields
- Ammo: 3 instead of 5
- Costs: 76 instead of 57
- Hitpoints: 70 instead of 85
After the adjustments the Medusa is still a powerful unit, but compared to other units it isn’t too powerful any more. Especially in multiplayer our goal is to have matches where people build more than just Medusas.
- Desert Oasis: Improvements in the positioning of streets and units
- Radars: Adjustments in the positioning of radars, as well as the number of units
Final Fantasy Tactics anyone?
Crazy ambitious project:
We’ve been busy in the last weeks fixing some multiplayer problems & launching the league. There are still some issues (because of that the league is still “beta”). But with the help of some committed community members we’ve found and fixed a lot of bugs and we’ll keep a close eye on problems.
Today we’ve released a new version. That version should fix the problems we learned about since the last version and we’ve included ingame error messages for problems related to network problems.
Please keep reporting bugs if you encounter any!
This is the change-log:
- AI tries to make moves in a more “natural” order that will reduce the amount of “back and forth scrolling-jumps”
- Connection problems in multiplayer will now display an error message
- Fixed a bug where multiplayer games could be permanently corrupted on connection loss
- Fixed a bug where units driving out of the Fog of War in fast-forward mode would not become visible
- Mines don’t count as destroyed units anymore
- Anti-air turrets don’t receive XP anymore
- Fixed a number of GUI related issues
- Fixed a bug where the UI would mention the flank bonus to be 15% instead of 25%
Changing e-mail address is possible now!
If you want to change the e-mail address you are registered with, you can do so now.
- Log in to https://secure.kingart-games.com
- Click on “Account”
- Click on “Change email”
-Enter new email and click submit
=> You’ll receive an email to your old email address
- Click the link in the email or copy it and paste it into your browser. The link starts with “https://secure.kingart-games.com/account/changeemaillink”
=> The email is changed now and you can use it to log in to the website and the game.
Swapping KING Art keys to Steam or GoG Keys is possible now!
Some of you asked if it’s possible to swap KING Art keys for Steam or GoG keys. It wasn’t possible, but now it is IF…
…you backed the game on Kickstarter (digital version or physical version) OR
…you bought the game in our shop pre-launch
Please note: As soon as you swapped your KING Art key for another key, the KING Art key is no longer valid and you can’t swap back!
If you want to use a Steam/GoG version in the future instead of the KING Art version, please do the following:
- Log in to https://secure.kingart-games.com
- Find the “Your Vouchers” Area and use the King Art voucher you want to convert. Click one of the Convert Links: either “Convert to Steam” or “Convert to Good old Games (Mac & PC only)”
=> Find your new key on the website and in an email sent to you
These are the rewards our friends at Crimson Cow carefully boxed and shipped all over the world during the last weeks.
…and this is how it looked like for Joshua after shipment -.- (Of course he’ll get a new one as fast as possible.)
If there are any problems with your physical edition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org